Shanghai Rolex Masters 2026, China - ATP 1000 Masters

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,272
Reactions
34,984
Points
113
Alex de Minaur (9) gets a walkover to the next round as Alex Molcan withdraws, there was a chance that de Minaur was going to withdraw as he sustained an adductor injury in Beijing, a couple of extra days for Alex to recover
 
Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,272
Reactions
34,984
Points
113
Flavio Cobolli saw the ATP Finals within a step of him and chose to stop playing tennis, someone needs to talk to him about how he handles pressure........losing to 38 yr old Mannarino 61 46 63
 
Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
12,423
Reactions
2,945
Points
113
Location
Chicago, IL
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
What just happened????

I'm not sure! Are you shaking your head over how easily Djokovic was knocked out in the 2nd Rd. by Hurkacz? I just caught the last few games! Novak must have been just gassed! Commentators used the term "hit a wall!" Hubert's no slouch! I'm not surprised in the least by this result! :astonished-face:
 

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reactions
284
Points
83
Location
Bengaluru, India.
I'm not sure! Are you shaking your head over how easily Djokovic was knocked out in the 2nd Rd. by Hurkacz? I just caught the last few games! Novak must have been just gassed! Commentators used the term "hit a wall!" Hubert's no slouch! I'm not surprised in the least by this result! :astonished-face:

yeah the stamina factor could have played a role
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
32,829
Reactions
11,808
Points
113
Location
Tampa Bay
I don't know why y'all so surprised. He put every ounce of energy he could muster into winning Beijing. It's hard for younger folk to focus the next week in different conditions, how much more an ole man.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Messages
1,881
Reactions
1,580
Points
113
I'm not sure! Are you shaking your head over how easily Djokovic was knocked out in the 2nd Rd. by Hurkacz? I just caught the last few games! Novak must have been just gassed! Commentators used the term "hit a wall!" Hubert's no slouch! I'm not surprised in the least by this result! :astonished-face:
Hurkacz may be limited, but he really gets the most out of his talent. Remember, he was the very player who bageled Federer in his final set of professional tennis.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,272
Reactions
34,984
Points
113
And retired Nadal. There's no shame in losing to him. It was to be expected with the court speed and how well he serves.
Fronty Hi! long time no see,

BTW,
The courts in Shanghai have significantly sped up, in 2026, to 42.26 which is roughly 10 points faster than the slow surface experienced in 2025, players complained about sluggish courts and balls
Posters tend to forget that Hubi won the Shanghai Masters in 2023, these present conditions suit his game to a tee, Hubi fired down 13 Aces, winning 82% of his first serve points against Djokovic
Of course noone beats Hubi 9 times in a row and gets away with it :)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
23,167
Reactions
4,115
Points
113
Fronty Hi! long time no see,

BTW,
The courts in Shanghai have significantly sped up, in 2026, to 42.26 which is roughly 10 points faster than the slow surface experienced in 2025, players complained about sluggish courts and balls
Posters tend to forget that Hubi won the Shanghai Masters in 2023, these present conditions suit his game to a tee, Hubi fired down 13 Aces, winning 82% of his first serve points against Djokovic
Of course noone beats Hubi 9 times in a row and gets away with it :)
Hi Margaret.

Yeah, I was happy to see how fast the court was. What a change it makes and separates the men from the boys.

I was checking stats and surely it can't be accurate that Hurkacz is 1kg lighter than Djokovic and 3 inches taller!