Football (Soccer) - General News

Murat B.

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
10,884
Reactions
1,639
Points
113
Age
54
Location
Newmarket
I don't know the whole story about the MC situation but this is a financial issue , right? Do we know the actual individuals guilty of these crimes? Are they being charged?
 

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
29,143
Reactions
7,629
Points
113
Location
Gold Coast, Australia
I don't know the whole story about the MC situation but this is a financial issue , right? Do we know the actual individuals guilty of these crimes? Are they being charged?
They've already been charged and an independently found guilty. The club has been named not specific individuals.
 

Kieran

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
18,671
Reactions
8,580
Points
113
The rationale behind a 40 point deduction is that the City players have to play the remainder of the season with a reason to win a match. if they're de facto relegated they have no reason to be competitive - that alone compromises this season. So, even City must have an incentive to be competitive and make matches legitimate.
Good point. I suppose the real question is, do they deserve to be relegated? I think they deserve to be chucked into non league football. Leeds got points deductions that ensured we ended up in the old third division - we’re still not back to where we were. Nobody nuanced it for my boys back then. I get what you’re saying but I think they were incentivised enough over the last couple of dodgy decades..