2026 ATP General News

El Dude

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
11,565
Reactions
7,747
Points
113
You can't give pts. for something lit'l more > a glorified exhib.! The YEC is probably the only event that gives out pts. when others don't qualify! :yawningface:
I know you enjoy being outraged, but this seems like yet another case of "outraged just to be outraged." I mean, who cares if it is a glorified exhibition? I'm trying to understand why its so offensive to you. Laver Cup doesn't offer ATP points either, but everyone seems to like it ok. I'd argue it has taken over the Davis Cup as the top exo.

United Cup does offer ATP points, but the same as other lower level tournaments: "best seven other" tournaments after Slams/TF/mandatory Masters.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
12,424
Reactions
2,945
Points
113
Location
Chicago, IL
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I know you enjoy being outraged, but this seems like yet another case of "outraged just to be outraged." I mean, who cares if it is a glorified exhibition? I'm trying to understand why its so offensive to you. Laver Cup doesn't offer ATP points either, but everyone seems to like it ok. I'd argue it has taken over the Davis Cup as the top exo.

United Cup does offer ATP points, but the same as other lower level tournaments: "best seven other" tournaments after Slams/TF/mandatory Masters.

Believe it or not, I don't watch much either; Laver or United Cup since the Big 3 left! I haven't even looked at the UC since the 1st yr. it was still "The ATP Cup" when Djokovic def Nadal in the final! The Laver Cup is a complete joke! Several yrs. ago when it still had Djokovic, he lost all his matches as the clear #1 player in the world! He obviously wasn't taking the event seriously even then! Outrage is a bit strong! It's more about my disappointment in their hypocrisy of the "calendar being so tough," but willing to "wing around the world" to play exhs. at a moment's notice! :yawningface:
 

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,285
Reactions
34,985
Points
113
Just to clarify JCF statements about returning to the tour as a coach next year in 2027, but he could not say which player he was coaching
JCF was taken out of context in an interview, declaring that he has nothing finalized regarding coaching in 2027
Talking to Punto de Break, clarifying that he would only return to the ATP of a 'project truly motivates him"
BTW, JFC presents his first autobiographical book " Winning Mentality' which should be out soon.
 

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,285
Reactions
34,985
Points
113
Multiple people wounded in a blast at Riyadh airport yesterday
Should they cancel the Six Kings Exho? it is scheduled to take place October 21,22 and 26
( our officials here in Australia has warned us not to fly into Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or Middle East for many months due to the continued unrest in the Middle East, I took their advice and flew to London first before flying to Italy for holidays in September)
 
Last edited: