The Rankings Thread (ATP)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
12,412
Reactions
2,941
Points
113
Location
Chicago, IL
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Djokovic seems to be trying to do some sort of a comeback. He won a match at Beijing.

IMO it's his farewell tour & this was one of his fave smaller events where he impressed all concerned w/ speaking in Cantonese! He's playing as well as ever, but the problem is the players are tougher & they make him work! He's easily gassed by these rallies that go 20+ strokes! At his age, it's a wonder he even won over Borges! Thankfully he wrapped it up in that 2nd set TB! He might have had issues w/ his stamina! He's got to get thru Zverev & Med if I recall the draw! I can't see him making it to the final! He needs the pts. to get back into the top 10 & finish at Year's End! :astonished-face:
 

Kieran

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
18,680
Reactions
8,584
Points
113
Roma, then to Venice it was my daughters 40th birthday, I am now officially a Dinosaur :) then home to Palermo, Sicily
I was in Sicily in September - Ragusa - we go every year. It’s a paradise. And in nice parallel with your holiday, I’m going to Rome in December.

Sicily and Rome. To think, we almost bumped into each other! :yahoo:

That’s how I met Susan/Moxie - she was in Sicily near where we were staying, so we met her for ice cream, and a swim.
 
  • Love
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
12,412
Reactions
2,941
Points
113
Location
Chicago, IL
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He seems fine to my untrained eye though. He seems healthy and fit more or less like always. It's just that he hasn't won a slam in some time.
(I posted this on another site): I don't understand people always questioning the health & stamina of Djokovic. Younger guys are laboring just as much as him dealing w/ tough matches where the ball is traveling 100 mph. I watched Tiafoe and Fil in their 2nd Rd. match in China. Tiafoe saved a MP on a 35 stroke rally running all out. Both players were gassed. It happens to all of them, young and old. I've seen Sinner puke and Alcaraz having spasms hampering his grip or movement in the past. I just SMH when Novak is singled out. :astonished-face::angry-face::yawningface::fearful-face:
 

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,205
Reactions
34,949
Points
113
(I posted this on another site): I don't understand people always questioning the health & stamina of Djokovic. Younger guys are laboring just as much as him dealing w/ tough matches where the ball is traveling 100 mph. I watched Tiafoe and Fil in their 2nd Rd. match in China. Tiafoe saved a MP on a 35 stroke rally running all out. Both players were gassed. It happens to all of them, young and old. I've seen Sinner puke and Alcaraz having spasms hampering his grip or movement in the past. I just SMH when Novak is singled out. :astonished-face::angry-face::yawningface::fearful-face:
Please stop making e excuses for Novak
He has taken 2 MTO in his 2 matches in China and has used the excuse he is still struggling with a health issue, that health issue has been going on since Cinncy though he hasnt explained what his problem is? one minute he cant move on court has a MTO and then runs around the court like nothing has happened? he is a Fox and has done this many times in his career, and players fall for it
BTW didnt he go out in his first round match at the USO this year? throwing up on court,, heat got to him? apparently that skipped your memory :)
 
Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
18,448
Reactions
8,104
Points
113
Please stop making e excuses for Novak
He has taken 2 MTO in his 2 matches in China and has used the excuse he is still struggling with a health issue, that health issue has been going on since Cinncy though he hasnt explained what his problem is? one minute he cant move on court has a MTO and then runs around the court like nothing has happened? he is a Fox and has done this many times in his career, and players fall for it
BTW didnt he go out in his first round match at the USO this year? throwing up on court,, heat got to him? apparently that skipped your memory :)
Behave and be nice @MargaretMcAleer MM.. and enjoy Novak's fall from his perch.. I know I sure am!!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,205
Reactions
34,949
Points
113
Seeing Zverev is stopped ( loss to Djokovic QFs in Beijing),
Jannik Sinner will be No 1 at least until November 1st, reaching at least 95 weeks despite not having played for 3 months.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
18,680
Reactions
8,584
Points
113
Seeing Zverev is stopped ( loss to Djokovic QFs in Beijing),
Jannik Sinner will be No 1 at least until November 1st, reaching at least 95 weeks despite not having played for 3 months.
Zverev is a legit bum and bonehead. He knows he’s semi-asterisked for his slam wins without beating a single great player - so what does he do when he’s faced a great player, aged almost forty and having a career bad season?

Duh, chap!
 

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,205
Reactions
34,949
Points
113
Zverev is a legit bum and bonehead. He knows he’s semi-asterisked for his slam wins without beating a single great player - so what does he do when he’s faced a great player, aged almost forty and having a career bad season?

Duh, chap!
Zverev can only beat what is in front of him in draws, I mean at RG he never faced a Top Ten player when he won the title
His USO draw was very favorable, he only faced Shelton, a Top Ten player,who had no game plan at all, Zed has a great H2H over left handers, and he exposed Sheltons bhand for starters, apart from other things in Sheltons game, rally tolerance is just poor,
So far this year he has defeated 2 Top Ten players, that in itself is Telling.....he is a grinder/pusher and a defensive player, a player that remains aggressive against him and takes him out of his comfort zone,will win against him, in the QF in Beijing match Novak pushed him and won the big points, that is a mark of a champion player, full stop! regardless of pushing 40 :) and not having a great season. Novak extends his H2H against Zverev 10-5
 
Last edited: