China Open 2026, Beijing - ATP 500

lomaha

Masters Champion
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
500
Reactions
511
Points
93
Location
Denmark
Hi Murat,

I have to agree with you 100%, , he said he dosent want to disclose it, because when he loses its like a excuse? lol! well it is a excuse in my book, that he has brought it up in the first place :) whatever the medical issue is...............
Well anyone could see that he had some issues in his match agains Wu? So what was he suppose to say?
 

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,221
Reactions
34,956
Points
113
Well anyone could see that he had some issues in his match agains Wu? So what was he suppose to say?
I was just agreeing with a post from Murat who brought up the medical issues and his non disclosure, I suggest you go back a page and read what Murat posted
 
Last edited:

Murat B.

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
10,890
Reactions
1,646
Points
113
Age
54
Location
Newmarket
Novak's issue is age, nothing else.
Well that is the main one but he keeps referring to this health condition that he is dealing with for a long time without saying much else. For me it is a situation of either do not mention it at all, or say what it is. Venus has Sjogren's syndrome, she came out and said it. The world kept on spinning. If it is super private or embarrassing, then do not mention it at all.
 

don_fabio

Grand Slam Champion
Joined
May 2, 2019
Messages
5,060
Reactions
5,569
Points
113
It was a high quality contest and a pity it ended this way. Novak really wants to win this tournament and the way he plays right now I hope he does get the title.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lomaha and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
12,415
Reactions
2,942
Points
113
Location
Chicago, IL
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It was a high quality contest and a pity it ended this way. Novak really wants to win this tournament and the way he plays right now I hope he does get the title.

I wonder will some IDIOTS out there accuse Dokovic of "vulturing" the fk'n event? He truly has owned it like no other player, sans Rafa in Paris! :fearful-face:
 
  • Like
Reactions: don_fabio

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Messages
1,878
Reactions
1,576
Points
113
It was a high quality contest and a pity it ended this way. Novak really wants to win this tournament and the way he plays right now I hope he does get the title.
I guess he really wants to keep his one-title per year streak alive or chase down Federer's 103 career titles. With a win tomorrow, Djokovic will extend his record streak to 21 straight years with a title and be one behind Federer with 102 career titles.
 

lomaha

Masters Champion
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
500
Reactions
511
Points
93
Location
Denmark
Well that is the main one but he keeps referring to this health condition that he is dealing with for a long time without saying much else. For me it is a situation of either do not mention it at all, or say what it is. Venus has Sjogren's syndrome, she came out and said it. The world kept on spinning. If it is super private or embarrassing, then do not mention it at all.
But sorry, how would he be able to not mention it when everyone can see something is wrong?
 

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,221
Reactions
34,956
Points
113
Alex de Minaur becomes only the 2nd Australian to reach the China Open final, after Krygios in 2017
Hubi retired in the match, trailing 46 2-3, he he has struggled with a groin injury that already required treatment in his QF match against KAA
 

Murat B.

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
10,890
Reactions
1,646
Points
113
Age
54
Location
Newmarket
But sorry, how would he be able to not mention it when everyone can see something is wrong?
If he never mentioned the mystery issue, everyone would just say he is getting old, he is tired, you cannot beat father time. And no one would question it. He would say after matches something like " Yeah, I felt my age today, it is tough to play with these kids..." and that would be it. But now we know he has something else, just don't know what it is. I checked his presser after the Medvedev semi. No mention of the mystery illness.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,221
Reactions
34,956
Points
113
If he never mentioned the mystery issue, everyone would just say he is getting old, he is tired, you cannot beat father time. And no one would question it. He would say after matches something like " Yeah, I felt my age today, it is tough to play with these kids..." and that would be it. But now we know he has something else, just don't know what it is. I checked his presser after the Medvedev semi. No mention of the mystery illness.
Murat, I found this comment from Djokovic ( via Yahoo Sports )

"Most of the matches and tournaments this year that I've played have been a real struggle for me physically". Djokovic told reporters in Beijing.
"That nothing to do with stamina. Its something else, more related to my health".
"I dont want to be revealing what it is, but I am trying to get to the bottom of it with my team.Sometimes it works better, sometimes it dosent".
 

Murat B.

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
10,890
Reactions
1,646
Points
113
Age
54
Location
Newmarket
Murat, I found this comment from Djokovic ( via Yahoo Sports )

"Most of the matches and tournaments this year that I've played have been a real struggle for me physically". Djokovic told reporters in Beijing.
"That nothing to do with stamina. Its something else, more related to my health".
"I dont want to be revealing what it is, but I am trying to get to the bottom of it with my team.Sometimes it works better, sometimes it dosent".
Just say what it is man...Maybe someone will be able to help you with it , someone that is not in your team, a set of fresh eyes. remember, his gluten issue was discovered by a random stranger.
 

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
56,221
Reactions
34,956
Points
113
Just say what it is man...Maybe someone will be able to help you with it , someone that is not in your team, a set of fresh eyes. remember, his gluten issue was discovered by a random stranger.
I dont think he will reveal what health issue he is facing, Novak has had 2 MTO in 2 matches at Beijing,
1st round against Borges, right shoulder and round 16 Yunchaokete rib area and torso, depsite these, he has successfully advanced to the final in Beijing